When I was little, I learned how to bike the hard way. It literally took me years and lots of scraped ankles to finally learn how to balance. Looking back, I certainly don’t want my son to go through the same difficulty when there’s actually an easier and safer way. Biking is a basic and a very useful skill so it’s good to invest on something that will teach him that skill in just a short time. This is why we have brought you the best balance bike reviews of all time only on Get Balance Bike.
We all know that the secret to biking is maintaining balance, but this is usually easier said than done. Kids, you see, are afraid to fall because conventional bikes are too high for them that the moment they lose their balance, they cannot immediately stand on their feet. So there’s a simple solution: a small bike with an adjustable seat so kids of any height could use it which is commonly called a Balance Bike.
The Idea Behind Balance Bikes
The first thing you will notice about a Balance bike is that it has no chains, sprockets, and pedals. That’s because the aim is just to teach balance and coordination so you don’t need any of those conventional bike parts. Kids can just straddle and walk or run around on it until they gain confidence to sit down and place their feet on the integrated footrest. They will not be scared to fall as they can easily stand on their feet if they lose their balance. Once they learn how to balance, pedaling can then be quickly learned in a few minutes. The balance bike reviews on our site will be helpful for anyone wanting to own a balance bike!
Why A Balance Bike is A Good Investment
Once your child learns how to balance and ready to take the next step to learn how to pedal, that doesn’t mean it’s the end of the Balance Bike’s purpose. Kids have been observed to still spend their playtime with Balance bikes even after the transition to two-wheel pedal bikes. A small amount of money spent on a Balance Bike will save you from the costs of trying to provide a lot of equipment that you think will help your child learn such as scooters, push toys and tricycles because a running bike is all you need to teach the basics of balance and coordination.
Balance Bike Reviews : Comparison between Balance Bike and Pedal Bike
A balance bike is different from a regular bike. Aside from the fact that it is usually meant for children, it does not have any breaks. It does not have any pedals as well. The main reason for this is simple – it is because its main goal is to teach your child how to balance. If other features will be added unto it, it will be the same with a pedal bike. The type of balance bike that you should purchase is something that your child will be able to use immediately. It will be a wise idea to find a bike that you can assemble easily.
If in case you are wondering why I have chosen the balance bike instead of the pedal bike, my reasons are simple – it is because of the following: First, It is very simple. It does not require a lot of efforts to run and kids do not have to worry about trying to balance since the bike will do it for them. Second, I believe that these bikes can help kids more than training wheels that can be dangerous because of so many things that are going on. Third, it is more economical. The pedal bike will be outgrown by kids immediately but since the balance bike is adjustable, kids from 2 – 6 will be able to use it well.
How to Buy the Best Balance Bike: Balance Bike Reviews
There are a lot of times when people are not too sure whether they should purchase a balance bike or not for their kids so they check out balance bike reviews. Balance bikes are getting a lot of hype right now and people are not too sure whether the hype is well deserved or not. What you have to remember when you are not sure whether you should buy one or not is that most if not all kids just love and adore their bikes. Since adults cannot ride it, adults usually do not know how this bike can make kids feel but usually, when the fit is right, kids just want to ride it all over and over again.
There are different materials that are used to make these bikes. Some bikes are made out of steel. There are also some bikes that are made out of aluminum and then there are some that are made out of wood. The type of bike that people choose usually depends on what they think looks great and not what will actually be great when being used by the child. Do remember that balance bikes are different from usual bikes because it does not aim to help people ride and go great distances. Rather, it teaches children to have a sense of balance in preparation for using another bike, a regular bike in the future.
It does not mean that just because you have narrowed down your choices, it will be easy for you to buy the best balance bike already. There are still some steps that you have to follow to ensure that buying the best bike is possible.
- First, consider the size and the age of your child. There are instances when your child may be too small or too big for his/her age. Some products are only meant for certain ages. If you would like a bike that can be adjusted, choose a bike that can let you do just that.
- Second, consider the inseam length. If in case you are not sure about this, this means that your child should be able to sit on the bike and place his/her feet flat on the ground. If your child will not be able to do this, it will be hard for the child to ride the bike. Know the inseam lengths of the bikes that you are considering to be sure.
- Third, consider how well your bike is willing to learn or how well your child knows how to bike. If your child does not know how to ride a bike at all, get a balance bike that is very basic. If your child has already tried training wheels before, a more advanced balanced bike may be suited for him/her.
- Fourth, consider the brand that you are going to purchase. If you are brand conscious, it is only fitting that you will buy or check out brands that you know more. If you do not care about the brand that much, you can check out the balance bike reviews that other people have said about the variety that is available.
- Fifth, consider the cost. This is probably something that a lot of people will consider important. It is likely that you will also find this important. As much as possible, you would like the cost to be just right for your child to make sure that you will consider the various capabilities and features of the bike plus the price to figure out which one is the best for your child.
Tips on Buying a Balance Bike
With all of the things that are mentioned above like the reviews, it is possible that there are still some facts that you would like to learn more about. In order to help you out, here are some things that you have to remember:
- Make sure that you will purchase a product in a safe, comfortable place – The place where you are going to purchase the bike may differ. For instance, you may want to purchase the bike online because this is where you usually do your shopping. You may do this only if you feel comfortable about it. If you would like to purchase it from a store because you would like your child to try it, you may want to do that too.
- Consider the quality of the bike – Aside from the price of the bike, you have to make sure that the bike will withstand the test of time. If you are going to purchase a bike that breaks down after a few uses, it is not worth it.
- Make sure that the bike’s adjustable features can be adjusted easily – if you would need tools that you do not have or you have to do a lot of things in order to do some adjustments, you have to think twice if it is the right bike for your child.
- Consider the material of the bike – Top balance bikes may have different materials that are available. There are some bikes that are made out of plastic while there are also some that are made out of metal. Some are even made of wood. It will be up to you to choose which one you think will be best for your child.
- Consider seat shape – What seat will make your child most comfortable in? There are different types so think about this well.
With these tips in mind, purchasing a balance bike can become far easier for you than before. Do you think that you will be able to find the right bike for your child right now? Think about the benefits, pros and cons, features and other things about the wide array of bikes that you are considering. It is likely that after some time, you will find one that will be perfect for your child. Hopefully, these balance bike reviews have made your mind clearer.